Chiropractors are educated to serve as portal of entry physicians and are trained extensively to diagnose and treat a broad range of physical conditions in patients with muscular, neurological, and skeletal problems, with particular emphasis on the role of the spine.
Chiropractors may utilize conventional diagnostic tests, such as X-rays, MRIs, and lab work, as well as specific procedures that involve manipulation by hand of various parts of the body. Chiropractors are best known for their mastery and ability to correct misalignments of the spine, which are called subluxations. But spinal manipulation is only a small part of what chiropractors are trained to do as part of an overall plan to manage and relieve pain and many kinds of ailments. Other therapeutic interventions chiropractors are capable of providing include but not limited to:
- Heat and Ice therapy, therapeutic massage
- Electric muscle stimulation and therapeutic ultrasound
- Physical rehabilitation and therapeutic exercise
- Personal weight management and fitness training
- Lifestyle coaching and nutritional counseling
- Stress management and healthy aging
For a more extensive list of conditions, please see "What we may help you with" in the community content section of this website.